Sunday, November 16, 2008

#11....blog about technology. It's on a need to know basis. You can do as much as you want or as little. I first used a computer back in 1990...It was frustrating and fascinating, awful and awesome. Over the years I have become more dependent upon it for personal uses and work at the library. It's great for cataloging, check outs, e-mailing, etc. But when we have trouble with the computers and they go down it is very frustrating. The more I know, the more I don't know. I am glad I am doing these 23 "things"....most I probably will never use....but then it has been informative to know what's out there and one never knows when I will "need to know" one of these things!

2 comments:

baskets said...

I agree totally about "a need to know basis." Most people will learn when it will help them, whether that tool is for their work or their leisure.
I do think, though, that in the work place we must never forget the basics. So many people can't even copy and paste. Those folks really get left behind, and we can try to help by holding classes on computers and technology, etc.

L L Learner said...

Thanks for the "need to know" view point it's so easy to get overwhelmed. One of my favorite sayings is "The more I learn, the less I know". I may need to revise it to "The more I learn, the less I know and that's O.K." or "The more I learn, the more I don't need to know." Some thing to think about anyway.