Friday, January 23, 2009

#23 I am amazed that I have completed all 23 things! When I first started there was so much I didn't know..I felt awkward, confused, and frustrated at times...but the accountability to complete each item by a deadline was motivating. I have always said computers are on a need to know basis. I didn't know at the beginning how much I needed to know. Will I use most of these tools...probably not. But there are definitely many that I will. Thanks to the staff for providing this experience for us. My favorite discoveries are the LibraryThing...I continue to use that to record my books...and the apps with MyHeritage.com....for my personal family history. As far as my work at the library is concerned I have learned about 1)the current technology that will help in assisting our patrons find and use resources, 2)other libraries and the ways that they are using the web and 3) my ability to have confidence in myself to explore and discover the larger world beyond Stromsburg, NE...and that's good for everyone!

No comments: