Thursday, January 1, 2009

Enjoyed looking at the wikis. For someone like me from a very small rural library I was really impressed with the larger libraries' wikis. They truly do become community hubs. Their links and resources were amazing. It broadens the role of the library in a community. I really loved reading all the reviews in the Book Lovers Wiki...will certainly be checking that out for future reads. I was really impressed with Library Success....I found the note about vandalism interesting...that now e-mail confirmation was required. Who would want to vandalize a library wiki??? I looked at weeding....good resources and policies; programming for adults; services for the disabled; and staff training. There is a ton of information but it was well organized with lots of links. Seemed very user friendly to me.

No comments: